Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Will my current Canon lens fit new camera?

dslr camera 35mm
 on ... | The Digital Sensor: A Guide to Understanding Digital Cameras
dslr camera 35mm image



Cira


I have a Canon Rebel XS DSLR camera. I am planning on purchasing a film camera, and I found a Canon Rebel X 35 mm SLR film camera on ebay, but it's just the body. Could I use the lens from my DSLR for the film camera as well? Would it fit? It doesn't say what type of lens the film camera takes so I'm not sure if it is EF or EF-S. Thank you
Also what about a Rebel G?



Answer
If the lens you have for your Canon Xs is an EF-S such as the EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 it can't be used on the Rebel X. Only Canon EF lenses can be used on the Rebel X or a full-frame DSLR such as the 6D, 5D or 1D. An EF-S lens will damage the Rebel X or full-frame DSLR.

Canon auto focus 35mm cameras: EF lenses only

Canon cropped-sensor DSLR cameras: EF and EF-S lenses

Canon full-frame DSLR cameras: EF lenses only

What would be the Nikon DSLR of the 35mm film world?




Forest Mil


Once in a while I want to shoot good pictures. However, I do not want to buy an expensive DSLR camera. I would hardly use this camera, that is why I wouldn't mind film for the little I would actually use it. So what would the Nikon DSLR equivalent be 10-15 years ago.


Answer
Entry level: N65. N80 N90 was a good camera. I have an F100, N6006, and N2000 (the 6006 and the 2000 are older) The F4 and F5 were pro models and were/are very good camera bodies. Here is a link:

http://www.bythom.com/Bodies.htm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will my current Canon lens fit new camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment