Monday, May 12, 2014

Why do so many people think higher megapixels are always better?




evil_kandy


The way I learned it, mega pixels aren't always good, especially in smaller cameras. Now the way I learned it could be way off, but I was told that especially in more compact cameras, they have smaller processors, and the more info they try to jam into it actually takes away from picture quality.

So if thats right, why do so many people think they need a camera with the highest possible mega pixels?



Answer
Because Manufactures, and electronics stores are pushing cameras with higher and higher megapixels.
Quote from one of my friends whom owns a Nikon Coolpix P6000

It has 13.5 megapixels, but how come when I put up the ISO past 400, I can't use the images? Aren't megapixels the most important thing to a digital camera? I wound up e-mailing the link to Ken Rockwells excellent article on megapixels v.s SENSOR SIZE: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

About a week later, he purchased my d40+ kit lens, because of the amount of megapixels compared to the physical sensor size.

Bottom Line: Just like blu-ray, don't listen to Best Buy, or Sony, when it comes to megapixels.

What is the latest version for Canon Eos Rebel?




jORDANgIRL


I got one for Christmas back in high school. I took it everywhere with me for years. My sucky Nikon Coolpics digital broke last night and my Canon got stolen almost a year ago.
I am looking for newer film cameras.
Are there any that have the option of both film and digital in one camera?
It doesn't have to be the absolute latest version, but some of the newer model names would be appreciated.



Answer
i had heard Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera is new..

* 18.0-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor;
* DIGIC 4 image processor for high image quality and speed
* ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light;
* enhanced 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system
* Improved EOS Movie mode with manual exposure control and expanded recording 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
* Wide 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor;
* Dedicated Live View/Movie shooting button
* New compatibility with SDXC memory cards,
* Plus new menu status indicator for Eye-Fi support



http://www.amazon.com/Canon-T2i-Digital-3-0-Inch-18-55mm/dp/B0035FZJHQ/?tag=pntsa-20

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675618-REG/Canon_4462B003_EOS_Rebel_T2i_Digital.html/BI/6846/KBID/7390

!!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why do so many people think higher megapixels are always better?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment