Friday, May 16, 2014

Canon Camera suggestions?




Sydney


I've been into photography for a while now and I've been wanting a Camera for a really long time. I heard that Canon brand was a really good type to buy but I don't know anything about 7d 550d or any of the information.
I want a camera with good quality, many scence choices and zoom. Also good with videos.
Some pictures id like to try with my new camera
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqcGCS9r9OmZ5hFuFdQvsKb9gLo2UBPQlE0IqGDKFBEYc6B0sB

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq080KEWpUEFw6icBv9deMAvHDVGloSJCf74MrIC4GHi_JZV2Z

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2OSxXeRfER8cCY3DBOMAi-Vs-zghAbZs8JPjQlZ9-JyG0tHS5

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaFqLY9eQ97FpOlz1AqOItTauBVGBtIyK3koDbtUGIQsca7cjW

Just things like this. and suggestions will help!



Answer
You mentioned DSLRs, but at the same time you talk about "scene choices" - that is very much a P&S concept. "Zoom" depends on the lenses you buy with it. If you get a DSLR, you need to really learn how to use it, it is NOT all about automatic settings like a little P&S.

If you want "scenes" and other cute stuff, don't bother getting a DSLR.

Do a lot more reading and learning before you go shopping, otherwise you'll regret your choices very soon.

If you really do want a DSLR, any of the entry level DSLRs would keep you happy for a few years. I'd pick either Canon or Nikon. I have a LOT of contact with other photographers and time and time again it seems that either one of those are most likely to make their owners happy.

The most important part is to buy only the best lenses - camera bodies get upgraded, lenses stay with us.
You WILL regret buying cheap lenses.
Don't rush into buying lenses. Start with a kit lens, get to know your camera, that lens, and all photographic principles.
Through time and through use, you will eventually KNOW what other lenses you'll need/want.
The more time you'll take, the less likely you are to regret your choices.

If you know anyone close to you with a camera, consider borrowing lenses and "picking their brain" about their camera and whatever else they know.

Go to a store and hold a few cameras, see how they feel to YOU.

Keep in mind that buying a DSLR isn't cheap, even if you find a good deal for body and kit lens.

You'll also want and/or need a few other things such as tripod, filters, a bag, sensor cleaning gear, a second battery, memory cards, perhaps a remote shutter release etc.

That's just the small stuff - I can guarantee you that you'll also want more and more lenses.
You'll also want a decent flash some day.

See how that list just goes on and on?
Owning a DSLR isn't cheap - at least not until you have built up a nice stash of gear.

Just some food for thought........

Do lots of research before you buy, and start learning about photography, too.
The very best thing you can do for your photography is to attend a class and read a few books and tutorials. Having some knowledge will make a huge difference to your images.
I hope I have expressed this idea clearly enough: YOU need to learn about photography because even the world's best camera will take lousy shots in the hands of someone who has no clue how to use it.

Canon 7D or Sony's NEX-VG10?




ian n


I film music VIDEOS, YOUTUBE STUFF, and LIVE Musical PERFORMANCES from ARTISTS when they come to my Radio station. I edit with iMOVIE '11, and SONY VEGAS 10. I need a good camera because I refuse to go back to Mini-DV tapes. I hear that a Digital Camera like CANON 7D is very good for PHOTOGRAPHY and VIDEO. Then I hear cool things about the SONY NEX-VG10 Camera. I do want HD VIDEO for editing and YOUTUBE needs. Can anyone help point me in a great direction of what CAMERA i need to get?


Answer
My company bought the Canon EOS 7D for stills for a task requiring wireless remote control and remote imaging of the live view and capture to a laptop hard drive (worked just fine for this task) but after I played with the video and read all I could about using DSLR for video, we bought a second just for video clips of company work. Now I want my own (so that's three). I see why its selling so well. Its extraordinary quality video in low light situations, its quality file format, and its low cost for a camera with the advantage of being able to use various lenses, especially fast lenses for depth of field limiting control makes it a better choice for our work than a prosumer HD "video camera."

Video has never been so much fun. Now there is a whole lot of artistic control possible that I am interested in exploring. I suspect there will be many other amateurs who will find fun with manual video using a DSLR like the 7D. Its total manual control makes it challenging, fun, and capable of video that you can be pleased with (no matter how amateur) because you had control, you had choice and you used all your skills, no matter how slight at the time. Its very addictive and many amateurs will be carried away with artistic enthusiasm, providing you have the patience to practice.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Canon Camera suggestions?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment