Monday, May 12, 2014

How to Turn Flash off on Sony A300K DSLR Camera?




Swami46


I have pushed the flash button on the front of the camera and I get message "invalid selection." When I push FN button, I do not get the choices listed in my manual. I only get 3 choices, none of them dealing with flash on or off. HELP!


Answer
You need to use it in the P A S or M mode.

In these modes the flash will only fire if you tell the camera you want flash.

If you are using the AUTO mode or a scene mode then flash is controlled by the camera.

P mode is the most like auto except you can over-ride certain functions as required, in this case it sounds ideal if you only want to over-ride flash.

Can a hotshoe flash designed for a film camera work on a DSLR?




CJ


the camera is a canon 50d and the flash is just a holga colour flash :)


Answer
I have film camera flashes and a newer flash I use on my DSLR. I have not had any problems at all. As for the comment about the number of contacts, not true.My newer flash, designed ofr DSLRs, only has one contact on it, not five or any other number. That flash is a generic flash, so it's not built like some specialized flashes might be, but it only has one contact. That does limit its ability to sync and that's about it. There are some rumors concerning voltage of older film flashes. Do a little digging and you find that it's not true. Just like lenses, you can use your old flashes with your new camera.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to Turn Flash off on Sony A300K DSLR Camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment