Saturday, April 5, 2014

What DSLR settings do I need?




Chelsea


I'm shooting an indoor track meet, mostly sprinters and jumpers.

Camera: Canon T2i , Kit lens 18-55

I'm not well versed in DSLRs at all. But the opportunity presented itself so I thought I'd give it a shot ( no pun intended).



Answer
Had to smile at fhotoace's comment:
quote
You will also need to shoot at shutter speeds of 1/500th second or faster to prevent subject blur
end quote

There speaks a pro sports photographer trying to get a sharp image for publication :-)

Nothing wrong with "artistic" shots at longer shutter speed panning with the athletes and getting a sense of speed and action with controlled blurr.
Hope you are close to the action with that lens!

Need help with what camera I should get?




Rye


Im getting a camera for Christmas but I don't know wich one to get.

Let me start by saying that there is a pice range, I want to stay at 300 and under, I know its not a very big window, but I have to work with what I have.

No, im not a stupid annoying chick who wants a camera that makes it easy to take a billion cheezy pictures of myself in my mirror. I plan to go to colledge and get a visual arts dagree, my career choice is a photographer. My specialty is still life, but I want a camera good for that and takeing pictures of people (obviously). preferably one that I can change the lenses on because I already have some really nice lenses from an old film camera that I have, Im fine with the film camera but I do better with digital. What camera do you think would be best for me? and if you can. links please.

Thank You for your help.



Answer
You cannot get a camera that allows you to change lenses for that price. DSLRs would be great if you want to go for a photography career but the price you've quoted cannot even buy the cheapest amongst DSLRs. I would suggest you get a nice bridge camera, that would be good for you, you can obviously upgrade later. The one i'd suggest is Nikon COOLPIX P500, its a little bit over your budget but its worth it. Takes great photos and full 1080p HD videos. Read this review to aid in your decision:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3D4570G5BYDZC/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004M8SVHU&nodeID=&linkCode=&tag=famavca-20&sourceid=md.ds

You can get a good deal for it on here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-P500-Wide-Angle-Red/dp/B004M8SVHU/ref=cm_rdp_product&tag=famavca-20&sourceid=md.ds




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What DSLR settings do I need?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment