Saturday, February 15, 2014

Photoshop CS/Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Lightroom Differences?




Jessica


Okay, I have always used Photoshop CS, currently I'm still using CS3 because I refuse to upgrade. I'm going to be getting a new computer soon and I want a professional program but I don't necessarily need CS. I've never had the chance to use Elements or Lightroom and am looking at this as a cheaper option to replace my CS. I do not have the registration code for mine anymore as I just had it with my ex and it was his program. I do not plan to be asking him for his registration code, so I'd like to know my limitations with Elements or Lightroom.

Currently I mostly use it to create things like RP sigs for my roleplays and character based stuff. The one things that is a necessity for me is to be able to make transparent backgrounds. So yeah I just need to know what limitations I might have for designing simple stuff for online. I also need text. Again I have never use either of these programs.

And yes I know I can give the trials a run, but I just want to know where to start at.



Answer
If you don't have a DSLR camera, don't bother getting Lightroom. Its main strength is organizing and enhancing collections of raw format images. It isn't designed for cut-and-paste editing.

Photoshop Elements should be fine for your needs. It doesn't have any of regular Photoshop's vector tools (aside from basic Shapes), nor advanced features like channel editing, non-RGB color modes, or the "natural" brush engine. However, core features like layers and blending modes are all there. It is also a lot less expensive than regular Photoshop, usually around $100.

There are less expensive options, including open source software like GIMP and Paint.NET.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Photoshop CS/Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Lightroom Differences?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment