Thursday, January 23, 2014

Compare this camera to the best camera in the world?

41 megapixel camera nokia
 on nokia will officially announce their new nokia lumia 1020 or nokia ...
41 megapixel camera nokia image



Mushroom


41 megapixel autofocus xenon flash
1/1.2'' sensor size, ND filter, up to 3x
lossless digital zoom, geo-tagging,
face detection
and tell me what is losses digital zooom



Answer
hasselblad H4D-200MS
50 megapixel
36.7 x 49.1mm (2.8 square inches) sensor
interchangeable lens system
no gimmicks like geotagging or face detection

lossless digital zoom is a gimmick

I think you are comparing that new phone camera that Nokia put out. Don't. It's still a crappy camera in the end due to the tiny sensor and awful optics. It is meant to turn heads and grab ignorant buyers who fall for the 41megapixel hocum

Is Nokia's Lumia 1020 an excellent camera or just a gimmick?




Xavier


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23272758

It claims to have a 41 megapixel sensor.

Does this mean it's 4 times better than my camera with 10 megapixels?

The Lumia has no optical zoom but with 41mp would you need an optical zoom? Would the pic be so large you can just crop what you want?



Answer
It's just a gimmick...sensationalism at its finest, marketing propaganda call it what you like, the important factor in quality images is the size of the photo sensor...people who have a genuine interest in photography understand this, the average punter in the street doesn't so smartphone manufacturers 'suggest' that the more megapixels the better the quality of the photo...and it's not exactly true...it is misleading.

I honestly believe that the Nokia camera will produce decent images for 'snap happy' teenagers, you won't see many professional photographers using smartphones just yet to cover 'weddings'...that's a pity...because it would save them an absolute fortune..!

No it isn't anywhere near as good as your 10 megapixel camera (as long as we are talking about cameras - not a smartphone camera)...and the smartphone image wouldn't have much room for 'cropping' or manipulation - compared to a dedicated camera image with fewer 'megapixels'.

@ Rob...I'm actually a fan of Nokia Rob...never had a bad experience from a Nokia product...and used a lot of them before 'Apple' knocked them right out of the game...I have the greatest respect for them as a manufacturer.

Seriously though...if Nokia has developed or made technological improvements on the scale that you suggest...then they would be making cameras and not 'smartphones'.

Yes the cameras on Nokia products have been greatly improved and put much of the competition to shame...they do not threaten dedicated cameras in the slightest...and that is what the nature of this question was...I, myself and Sound Lab aren't 'mockers' of Nokia...we see their products for what they are 'smartphones'...if you are serious about quality images you just don't use a smartphone camera.

Before I answered this question I realised that I was entering unfamiliar territory, I wouldn't put Nokia in the same basket as some other smartphone manufacturers...who have been milking the megapixel propaganda purely for profit...as I say I respect Nokia for their effort in research and development.

I apologise for the tone of my comment...honestly it isn't my intention to upset or offend anybody..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Compare this camera to the best camera in the world?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment