Friday, December 13, 2013

What is the best camera brand for an amatuer photographer?

18 megapixel camera nikon
 on Nikon Digital Cameras - Nikon D40 Digital Camera, Nikon D60, Nikon ...
18 megapixel camera nikon image



'tis grace


I'm interested in taking artistic photographs and I know that I don't want to use a puny little camera to do it. What is the best brand in your opinion? And maybe an idea on the price range? I'd like for it to be a digital camera.


Answer
I recommend to anyone seriously contemplating the purchase of a new digital SLR camera to consider these two primary questions:
1. How much money do you have to spend???? $500.? $800.? $1,500.?
2. What level of photography do you aspire to "progress to" in the coming years ? (i.e. basic beginner, intermediate, or professional/business use).
For most beginners to intermediates I usually suggest one of these two manufacturers: Canon vs Nikon

1. Canon EOS Rebel model XSi. (Also known as the Canon 450D in Britain) The "kit" package comes with an 18-55mm zoom lens. The camera has pop-up flash, 12.2 Megapixels, and shutter speeds up to 1/4000th, 100-1,600 ISO sensitivity, 7 auto exposure Scene modes, PLUS Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Programmed Exposure Modes and Manual. It also has a 3 inch LCD screen, 3.5 frames continuous per second max., 9 point AF system, Live View Functioning and the ability to record photos in 3, 6 or 12 Megapixels PLUS numerous other great features found only on more expensive cameras. Wal-Mart is also selling them now for about $799. Sam's Club also has them for $729. I also think that Amazon dot com has them for around $650. Hereâs some more info about this FANTASTIC camera: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/XSI/XSIA.HTM#

I bought one of these 6 months ago and use it as my "back up" camera. I absolutely love it. I have gotten some fantastic photos with it and cannot praise it enough. I routinely enlarge my photos to make 8x10's and 11x14 size enlargements with no noticeable distortion or loss of detail in the pictures.
Another excellent choice from Canon includes the Rebel XS (also known as the EOS 1000D) which is a 10 megapixel camera which comes with the 18-55mm lens. It sells for around $550-600. US Dollars. http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/XS/XSA.HTM

2. Nikon D-90: If you prefer to use Nikon equipment I strongly recommend the Nikon D-90 which has 12.3 Megapixels, 3 inch monitor with Live View, 200-3,200 ISO sensitivity, 11 point AF system with Face Priority, 4.5 frames per second in continuous mode, 5 advanced Scene modes for auto exposure plus Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Programmed Auto plus Manual. The D-90 sells for around $900-950. (Body ONLY. The 18-55mm lens cost an additional $150.-175.) Typically, Nikon equipment is slightly more expensive than Canon equipment, but (having owned both Nikon and Canon cameras), I have seldom noticed BETTER quality results using Nikon equipment. Hereâs some more info about this Nikon: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D90/D90A.HTM
Another great choice is the 10.2 megapixel Nikon D-60 kit ($649) which also comes with the 18-55mm lens. All of these Nikon's can be found at Best Buy or Amazon dot com for a very low price. To learn more about this Nikon check this site out: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ND60/ND60A.HTM

If you are convinced that Nikon is the way to go, but donât have as much money to spend, there are several other models to consider.You might prefer the 6.1 megapixel Nikon D-40 ($499) kit that comes with the 18-55mm lens. To learn more this Nikon camera check this site out: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ND40/ND40A.HTM


These selections are probably the best choices for any beginner to intermediate skill level, offering the most lenses and other accessories, dealers and places to purchase.

I strongly recommend that ALL beginners buy a good book on digital photography AND take a class or two from a Vocational school or Community Education Center in your area.
You can learn more about the technical specifications of each of these two cameras at these websites:
http://www.usa.canon.com
http://www.nikonusa.com

Good Luck

What cameras are best for beginner photographers but cheap?




Savannah


I love taking pictures but the iPhone quality isn't cutting it for me anymore. I wanna be a photographer later on but for now I want to find a camera that's for beginners and cheap. Pictures like on tumblr is what I'm aiming for. That way I can slowly go into editing them but thats later. Great and super affordable! Please and thank you!!
If you included where I could find one and or price I'd appreciate it!



Answer
The cheapest high-quality DSLR camera (the one I'm actually getting as my birthday present) is a Nikon d3200 at $546.95 (here on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-NIKKOR/dp/B007VGGFZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375078481&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+d3200 ). However, my previous camera was a Nikon Coolpix. It has 10 megapixels and it's not too expensive http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-L20-Digital-Optical/dp/B001PKEJYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375078607&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+coolpix+l20 and here's a newer version that seems better http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-L28-Digital-Camera/dp/B00B7N9CB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375078607&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+coolpix+l20

My friend has a Canon PowerShot ELPH 110HS, which takes wonderful pictures! http://www.google.com/shopping/product/13617906122189357351?q=canon+powershot+elph+110+hs&oq=canon+powershot+el&sa=X&ei=hQn2UdS6E9Te4APn7ICQBQ&ved=0CGoQxBUwAA

I hope these are within your ideal price range, I mean cameras aren't cheap unless you go out and buy an old film camera, and even then the film is expensive (but it's does give you interesting photos!).

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best camera brand for an amatuer photographer?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment