Wednesday, December 11, 2013

what contributes more for a good picture clarity in a camera ? megapixels or lens ?

1000 megapixel camera
 on Sanyo IDC-1000ZU Full-Motion VGA Video Disc Camera with 1.5 Megapixel ...
1000 megapixel camera image



sonu


My friend tells me that his 5 megapixel mobile phone doesn't capture as clear pictures as a 3 megapixel Sony digital camera with good lenses......If it's true then....Please enlighten me on this........thank you


Answer
The lens, absolutely.

Consider it this way.
A coke can sized $1000 DSLR lens has a hard time to resolve 20MP on a sensor that is as big as a large coin.
Given this, would it be realistic to assume that a tiny, cheap plastic lens could resolve 5MP on a sensor as small as a pinhead? That's just a fourth of the resolution but a sensor that is about 1/50th of the size of a full frame DSLR. This means that that small, cheap lens would have to be made to a much higher degree of precision than the big, expensive, professional lens. That's not likely, is it?

What is the best camera for a novice photographer?




Brntte3078


I'm looking for a high-quality, digital camera that doesn't require taking out a loan. On the other hand, I'm not looking for a point and shoot. This isn't for family vacations and scrapbooking. I'm looking to do serious work and possibly open my own studio if things go in the right direction.


Answer
If you want something serious, stay with a digital SLR. I've shot with Sony, Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Minolta, and Olympus. Out of those, I prefer Canon or Nikon. I personally own a Canon 20D.

I'm not sure what taking out a loan means to you; you're probably not going to get anything that I would consider high-quality for under $500. The Rebel series are pretty respectable; and you could get a pretty decent kit for under $1000 with a couple different lens, battery; memory card, bag, etc.

A couple of things to know about Digital SLR's before you buy one.

Depending on how large you're going to be printing... don't get swept away with high mega-pixels. Just about anything you'll find new on the market is going to be enough to print 8x10. I constantly print 11x19 shots with my 8 mega pixels and they always come out great. The image quality has nothing to do with megapixels. Image quality comes from image sensor and lense. Which brings me to my next point.

Lens: Always, always, always buy the same brand lens as your camera. If you by a Nikon body, buy a nikon lens. If it's Canon, buy a canon lens... etc. You can save money with Tokina or Tokar, or whatever they are called, but they won't compare to a name brand lense.

Memory card: You'll really hate yourself if you get anything less than 1 gig. It's typically enough, but I've gone on vacation a couple of times without the ability to dump pictures to a hardrive, and found myself deleting pictures from my 4 gig card to make room for more.

If it were me, I'd buy a Canon 20D or 30D and start off with somewhat wide lens... maybe a 25-100 mm or so. If you can find a 20D it will be cheaper, and there are too many enhancements that you absolutely need from the 30D. You could probably find a package deal on Ebay complete with a lens, bag, battery, memory card etc... everything you need for around $1000.

If that's too much $$... You can get a package deal of a Rebel XTi for around $800; It will be pretty much the same camera as the 20D but it won't have the durable light weight Magnesium alloy body, It won't be as fast, but it will give you a picture just as good.

Still to much Money? Get a Nikon D50. Won't have the megapixel power, but like I said earlier, 6 megapixels will give you a high quality print as large as the average person would print. 8x10 no problem... 11x19 probably wouldn't look too terrible. I don't think it has the magnesium alloy body either, but that's just a durablity issue... framerate isn't as fast... but all these things aside, you'll get a great picture. And a package deal will run you from $200 -$300 or so.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what contributes more for a good picture clarity in a camera ? megapixels or lens ?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment