Monday, December 30, 2013

What camera is good for horse photography and videoing?

camera megapixel rating
 on Sony Ericsson 16 megapixel camera phone review | CellPhoneSite.net
camera megapixel rating image



abcdefgaha


I'm looking to buy a camera for taking pictures and videos of horses and horse riding in general, but my maximum is £200.
If anyone can give suggestions and than examples of pictures and/or videos of horses that it has taken, that'd be great. Thanks in advance :)
P.s I put this in the horse section because I figured some horsey people will be big on horse photography :)



Answer
About any camera that has a high megapixel rating and has the capability to control the shutter speeds and apertures will suffice. The important thing will always be the skills of the photographer. A camera is only a tool and is only as good as the user.

I recently purchased a GE x200 because it is small and versatile to carry in my saddlebags for fun shooting, but found it quite capable for professional quality shooting of horse events in remote areas

In addition, I have found folks are usually calmer when looking down the lens of a not so "pro looking" camera. This is one attribute many pros take advantage of while shooting candids. There are many compact digitals today with very high resolutions.

Here is a photo I took with the GE X200 at a recent ACTHA event . This was taken deep within the woods where traditional pro equiptment would have been too bulky to pack in.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50856837@N04/8981636288/

Feel free to look at my photo collection on flickr, and I think you will see I get the job done in capturing images. Not meaning to toot any horn, but merely stating that the most important photographic piece of equiptment lies behind the viewfinder.That equiptment is the knowledge of composition and knowledge in the mechanics of photography. The GE X200 retails for $180.

What type of camera should I use to shoot pictures for an online magazine?




Victoria


I'm wanting to start an online magazine but I'm not necessarily sure how many pixels I should look for when choosing a camera. I don't want one of the bigger, bulkier cameras that you have to buy lens for (simply because I'm not that advanced in photography) but I want something that can produce great quality photos. Any advice on where to start? I'm looking to get a camera next week to start learning to use and shoot with so any advice will help! Thanks!


Answer
Megapixels are over-rated these days. Most new cameras have more than enough pixel depth (ie. resolution) for most people's needs. There are other things, as well, that you should think about.

Read the following articles for some good advice on purchasing a new camera:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/cameras-photography/digital-cameras/digital-camera-buying-advice/digital-camera-getting-started/digital-camera-getting-started.htm


http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camera-buying-guide/


http://freephotocourse.com/photography-tip-18.html


Hope this is helpful!

David




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What camera is good for horse photography and videoing?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment