Sunday, December 29, 2013

Is it possible and/or feasible to achieve focus stacking using a digital camera instead of a DSLR?

dslr camera techniques
 on ... Digital SLR Camera | The Web Video Company - Video Marketing and Web
dslr camera techniques image



Brenton


I have a digital camera (the Olympus Stylus Tough 3000) that I've been recently using more often. I don't have any immediate plans to buy a new camera. It's far from the highest quality camera, but it does have good macro focus, up to 2 cm.
I'm beginning to get into macro photography and realize that I could achieve a greater depth of field and sharper images using a technique called focus stacking. However, all of the tutorials I've found online mention the use of a DSLR camera for this method. There's no mentioning of this method with a regular digital camera.
As I understand it, you need to take a series of shots at varying distances in order to get a greater range of that sharpness you want to achieve. I'm very new at macro photography, so please bear with me.
Is it possible to do proper focus stacking with a normal digital camera and NOT a DSLR?



Answer
Yes it is, focus stacking software will work with image files from any camera, it's just that a DSLR can have a dedicated macro lens fitted, be easier to control and, because of the larger sensor, image quality will be better.

When taking the images a focus slide is useful, these will move the camera a small amount between shots, but keep it aligned. Something like this;-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Macro-Focus-Rail-Slider-Slide-for-Canon-60D-600D-650D-Nikon-D7000-D90-LF25-/140892713796?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20cddc3344

They can be used with any camera that has a tripod thread and go between the the tripod and the camera.

Chris

What is the best digital cameras with 16 and above mega pixel?




Cathrinah


I am planning to buy a compact dslr camara but I don't know hat to buy. I planned to buy Nikon coolpix P520 but the mega pixel is same as my canon dslr camera!PLEASE HELP!!!


Answer
I like Nikon camera. Nikon cameras combine single-lens reflex camera technology, with modern digital camera techniques to give you the best of photography. These type of cameras also offer a wide array of features, including bigger, brighter views, faster operation, and perhaps most importantly, support for various lenses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible and/or feasible to achieve focus stacking using a digital camera instead of a DSLR?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment