Wednesday, June 4, 2014

If I have a 7.2 megapixel camera and I get a 4gb memory stick how many pictures will I be able to take?




banddork09





Answer
If your camera will use a 4GB Memory Stick, then all you have to do is the math, using you knowledge of that one of your smaller cards can hold.

Sony should have a chart in your camera's user manual.

Why Won't my Memory Card Work in my Camera?




Erin


I have a 7.2 megapixel Sony Cyber-shot digital camera, I was given, as a gift, a 1GB and a 2GB memory card for the camera. Both cards fit in the camera, "snap" into place etc. However, when I turn the camera on, they don't register in the camera. When I push very hard on the case where the battery pack and memory card are, the camera then detects the card. When I take a picture though, it doesn't save it. What am I doing wrong?? Also, the memory cards are Memory Stick PRO Duos, which the booklet says you must use Memory Stick Duos.... but I can't find anything but the PRO.
My model number is DSC-W70. I looked at the link provided below and could not make heads or tails of it.



Answer
You didn't list which model you have, so check out the link below for a Memory Stick compatibility chart, so check and see if your model is compatible with Memory Stick Pro Duos. My guess is that you're using a card that's too big (in terms of GB) or else your camera doesn't support the PRO models.

*****EDIT 1*****
Thanks for responding with your model number. Your camera does support those memory cards. I would suggest formatting the cards in the camera. Look for a Format function on your camera's menu and try that- make sure any images on the card are off of it. Perhaps the card just hasn't been formatted to the camera.

Steps:
1. Turn on the camera.
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Press the right arrow on the control button until the Setup menu is displayed.
4. Press the down arrow to select the icon for Internal Memory Tool or Memory Stick Tool.
5. Press the right arrow button.
6. Press to down arrow button to select Format.
7. Press the right arrow button.
8. Press the up arrow button to select OK.
9. Press the center of the control button.
10. Press the up arrow to select OK.
11. Press the center of the control button.

NOTE: All of the pictures in the Internal Memory or on the Memory Stick Duo media will be deleted.

12. Press the MENU button to finish.


If that doesn't work, it's time to contact Sony to see about repairing it. You shouldn't have to "press" on the camera body to get it to recognize it. A hinge or contact in the memory card door may be broken.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I have a 7.2 megapixel camera and I get a 4gb memory stick how many pictures will I be able to take?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment