Tuesday, March 25, 2014

buying a dslr camera?




darkchaos


hello,
I'm planing to buy a dslr camera. This is going to be my first dslr camera. First of all, I'm not into making videos at all. I've been shooting photos with a compact digital camera, and now I need better a equipment. I'm into landscape, travel, Macro, little bit of action,potraits and normal other photography.

I'm a hobbyst, I need to improve my photographing skills, specially to take photos creatively. You know what I mean. I don't want to become a total slave auto focus. Anyway, I'm student and I have a budget problem too, My budget is around 500$. I've been thinking of Nikon D3100 (since lots of people recommend it) , I have been interested in Canon rebet Xsi 450D which seems to be a good camera. Then I have found some good bargains for Used cameras Nikon d5000 and canon 500D.

So I need this camera in an photographic edge. To shoot artistic photographs. So now I'm confused. Cameras complexity doesn't matter. I easily get going with any tech stuff just within few mins.

I really appreciate your advice.
ps : I'm planing to buy this camera for two, three years and then I'll upgrade to a better camera. Right now developing and sharpening photographic skills is the most important thing.



Answer
Look on craigslist for good used Nikon and Canon dSLR cameras.

As you know, the camera is fully capable of shooting the subjects you want, but you will need lenses.

One type for just about each of the listed subjects.

10-24 mm for landscapes
60 mm or 105 mm macro lenses
70-300 mm for shooting action or a 18-200 mm for a single lens solution until you can save up more pennies.


Good luck in your search.

Which is The best DSLR Camera for me?




C.


I have never owned a DSLR camera before But I want a camera that has very good quality images and takes good quality video as well. I am looking for quality better than a regular 14 megapixel digital. I have found three cameras for under 500 dollars on Jessops.com But im not sure if its worth paying 100 dollars more for a 15 megapixel camera rather than a 10 megapixel camera. All three are cannons.
So basically my question is..does a 10 MP DSLR camera take btter pictures than a 14 MP digial camera? and will the video quality be good? or should I buy the 15 MP DSLR? Is it worth the price difference?

15 MP model : Canon EOS 500D with 18-55 DC Lens
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/78164/show.html

10 MP model : Canon EOS 1000D + 18-55 IS Lens
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/75075/show.html
I can't figure out if this takes video?

A similar 10 MP : close Canon EOS 1000D + 18-55mm Kit (Not sure what the difference is from the one above?)
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/75886/show.html ( Not sure if this has video either)

and will I need to buy additional lens?

Or if you have any suggestions? I definintly want video as well.

Thanks!



Answer
The 1000D does not do video. The 500D also beats the 1000D in AF points (9 versus 7), size of LCD screen, continuous frame speed and processor (Digic 4).

In other words the 500D is the one to go for over the 1000D.

At Jessops some other options are:

Sony a390 with 18-70mm lens
Pentax K-x (won TIPA best beginner DSLR in 2010)
Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm
Pentax K-r with 18-55mm

To begin with use the lens provided. You only need another lens when you've identified a use for it. e.g. I bought a 50mm f/2.8 to do portraits of my baby and a 70-300mm to take to an airshow. I would never buy a lens unless I have a specific need for it.

Cheap 50mm are availble on eBay for most camera models and they're very useful. They tend to be fast (f/1.8 or f/2.8 for example), good for portraits and low light and they also get you thinking and moving on your feet as you cannot rely on 'zoom.'




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: buying a dslr camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment