Monday, September 30, 2013

Best camera backpack for my needs?

dslr camera straps etsy
 on Cheetah Print DSLR Camera Strap by FunkyMutt on Etsy
dslr camera straps etsy image



youngphoto


I was just looking for a recommendation for a rugged camera backpack. I currently own a small canon backpack, which is fine for small outings but is ungodly uncomfortable for long trips which is a major downside, as well as it it rather small. A couple things I am looking for are...

- Large enough for two camera bodies, 1-2 long lenses, and several smaller lenses
- Plenty of compartments for little accessories, filters, etc.
- Room to strap on a tripod/monopod
- Comfortable for long trips, including hikes
- Needs to have some means of waterproofing, such as a cover or something along those lines that you can attach when necessary.


Those are the main things i'm looking for. 10 point for any help! Thanks a lot.
Being a little less vague, the long lens would be a 300 mm f/2.8 and a 70-200 f/2.8. The camera bodies would all be relatively the same size. I am asking because there are no camera stores within 100 miles of where I live that don't sell anything other than the ultra basics, which is not what I am looking for and the next best option is to get opinions from people online and do some more research myself. Just looking for some ideas.



Answer
I use a regular backpack for my photo gear. Photopacks are nice with the inserts, but they are not great backpacks. In my opinion, the best small packs on the market are the DaKine Heli Pro packs made for snowboarding. The big advantage is that they have a descent hip belt, so they take weight off the shoulders.

Backpack:
http://www.google.com/search?q=dakine+heli+pro&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=dakine+heli+pro&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=DZy&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=ZhC8T5-bL-OZiAKR6vSUDg&ved=0CMoBEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1429de5fade86fa3&biw=1680&bih=858&safe=active

You can DIY the inserts or have someone make them:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80428774/dslr-camera-bag-insert-in-royal-purple?ref=v1_other_2

These guys made some adjustable inserts that they funded on Kickstarter and will start selling:
http://trekpak.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best camera backpack for my needs?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment